With the changing of the seasons comes the changing of beauty products. For anyone who is all too familiar with Calgary weather, this is when the more humid summer days transition into the drier conditions of fall and winter. Your skin slowly starts to show these changes as well so here are some products that I love during this time of year.
- 1. Caudalie Beauty Elixir– This spray is part-toner, part-serum mist of essential oils and plant active ingredients. It’s goal is to smooth skin, tighten pores and provide radiance by stimulating micro-circulation. In a nutshell, it smells great and is great for refreshing skin. I use it in the morning to set in my makeup, after putting on my powder for a dewy look, or spray on bare skin after a shower or throughout the day. The travel size is perfect to throw in your purse or gym bag.
2. St. Tropez In Shower Gradual Tan- With summer tans fading, this self-tan lotion is a convenient way to keep that glow going. I have tested MANY self-tanners, being so fair and can say this is by far the best one yet! Simple, just apply in the shower and rinse after 3 minutes. No streaks or staining clothing or towels. Plus the sweet almond oil smells great and leaves the skin hydrated. For Canadians looking for this, you can buy it at Shoppers Drug Mart.
3. Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil- I’ve been using this overnight serum for a few months now and love how my skin feels in the morning. I swapped out my daytime serum for this at night and love how light and “breathable” it feels on my skin as well as how it hydrates to give that look even if you haven’t stuck to your 8 glasses of water a day.
4. Bare Minerals Pop of Passion- I’ve always been a lip gloss girl, which is why I love this oil-balm (can you see there is a hydration theme here?) with a vibrant lip stain. Dab on a touch for an au naturale look or layer for some drama.
5. Body Shop Vitamin C Instant Glow Enhancer- We all have those days, maybe we didn’t get enough sleep or we’re feeling under the weather. This glow enhancer is perfect when you are feeling a little dull. It even says it’s for tired and grumpy skin HA! It’s got a rosy tint that smooths over the skin to even out tone. I replace my primer with this for days when I feel like I need a little boost.