Don’t you hate coming home on weeknights and wonder what you’re going to make, with the thought of having to go back out to the grocery store almost too much to bear that the stale crackers and can of soup in the pantry look to be a palatable option?
Drew Masterman has offered another great recipe for a crisp summer salad that is easy to make with the seemingly random items in your fridge. For this salad you need:
- 4 ears of fresh corn cut off the cob (or you can use a frozen equivalent) and mix in sauce pan and cover with milk or cream adding 1 Tbsp Salt and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp butter for taste
- Once boiled, strain corn and let residual liquid cool down
- Mix together:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp champagne or other vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chilli powder
Whisk together then add:
- Equal part to corn of ripe fruit like peach or mango diced corn size
- 1/4 part cucumber diced
- 1/4 part red onion 1/8″ diced
- 1/4 part red pepper dice
- Fresh Mint chiffonade to taste
- Season with Salt
- Add honey if fruit is not sweet enough and more vinegar if not tart enough
Enjoy by itself or with BBQ steak/chicken or Italian Meatballs with Peperonata.
Love Drew’s creations? Find more and follow him on Twitter @drewmasterman1.